PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to 3D Max Tip

Teresa.Martin
2009-11-20, 07:00 PM
Just a quick tip for those exporting to 3d Max. If you customize your materials inside of Revit using custom image files (Jpegs, tiffs, etc) you need to put the image files in a folder in this subdirectory:

..\Revit Architecture 2010\Data\Rendering\assetlibrary_base.fbm\Materials.

When you export the FBX file to a folder it acts not unlike a zip file. When you import the FBX into 3dmax, 3d max makes sub folders in the same folder the fbx file from Revit is located. In that folder you will see your custom image files. If you do not do it this way, max will not find the custom image files on import. You can however always add a path to a custom bitmap folder inside of 3d Max. I suppose it depends upon how you want to work.

Best regards,

ws
2009-11-22, 06:22 PM
Maybe I'm missing something about this but it seems to me that if you save the exported fbx file out of Revit 2010 to wherever you want (I put it in the relevant Revit project folder) then as you say folders and sub folders are created there upon import by 3dsmaxdesign 2010 and it finds image files no problem (which surprised me I must admit, after years of having to put paths in such applications).

Maybe it's because I'm a single user ?