PDA

View Full Version : How do you attach a ceiling to a slanted roof?

aaron_ramage
2009-11-23, 03:59 PM
Hey Guys,

Im having problems attaching a ceiling to slanted roof, i want the ceiling to slant with the roof, is there any way of doing this?

Many Thanks,

Aaron

nsinha73
2009-11-23, 04:04 PM
This is how we do....Draw your ceiling as you would....Then Go in Edit Sketch and select one edge and define its slope to match roof

t1.shep
2009-11-23, 04:55 PM
This is how we do....Draw your ceiling as you would....Then Go in Edit Sketch and select one edge and define its slope to match roof

You can also use slope arrows as well. However, if you have a hip or gable or something that is not a shed or single pitch roof, you'll need to create separate ceilings, as in my experience you can't have a ceiling with two slope defining edges, even if you split the boundary lines. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I tried that yesterday.

patricks
2009-11-23, 07:38 PM
Yep, same for both ceilings and soffits. Each ceiling or soffit sketch can only slope in a single direction. Pretty much a pain any way you look at it.

If you have complicated roof with a ceiling to match, you may just want to build it into your roof type, or create a different roof type to represent the ceiling.

twiceroadsfool
2009-11-23, 07:41 PM
What patricks said. Just make SURE if you go that route, that all of your fixtures, etc, are Face Based, and not ceiling hosted.... Or youll be quite annoyed that you cant place any lights, hehe.