PDA

View Full Version : Copy level vs. Make new level

a-mi
2004-11-19, 01:34 PM
I have made a number of levels and then copied two of them. After that I cannot make them seen in the Project Browser (copies, I mean). More, they have a different color in the main window. Maybe there is some difference in that. Do I always need to make a new level by drawing it instead of copying an existing one?

aaronrumple
2004-11-19, 02:04 PM
When you draw a level you have two options. Make Plan View or not to Make Plan View.
Levels with an associated plan view will be blue. Non-associated levels, black. You can later create a view for a non-associated level from the pulldown menu.

Copied levels will have the same associative properties as the original object. Naming these levels so they all make sense in the browser is personal preference.

JamesVan
2004-11-19, 04:56 PM
Just to clarify and expand on Aaron's explanantion...

You can Copy-Multiple or even Array a level to quickly establish the vertical datum for your design. Then go to View-New-Floor Plan or View-New-Ceiling Plan and create the associated plans for the copied levels in one shot. Quite easy.

The reason you don't get an associated plan when you copy a level is because there could be so many plans associated with a single level in an established project (Area Plans, Furniture Plans, Framing Plans, Callouts, etc.). Prior to release 5 (I think), when you copied a level, it duplicated EVERY associated view and quickly cluttered up your project. Now it's very discrete.

Hope that helps.

LRaiz
2004-11-19, 06:58 PM
Also see this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10019) thread