PDA

View Full Version : Design Options - Need help with them

sjsl
2004-11-19, 04:04 PM
Started playing w/D Opts. I thought you could use them to create entire building schemes.
what I run into is when I try to create room tags and color fill plans, I get all of the annotations mixed in and error messages galore.

Do all of these annotations and fill patterns also have to be created separately as options within options?

Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Chunk
2004-11-19, 05:08 PM
We've done some work in design options and also noticed that Room Tags in particular behave strangely. There is a way to specify what option the tags refer to, we set ours to always default to the Prime option. Seems to help. I'll ask around the office and see if anyone else has more to add....

To set the design option of a room tag you need to be either working in the option or have Exclude Options turned off. Pick the tag and then use the Add to Design Option Set button. You can pick and choose which option the room tag belongs to.

Steve_Stafford
2004-11-19, 05:26 PM
Might want to visit this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10442&highlight=options) where both a developer and a founder reply

sjsl
2004-11-19, 08:59 PM
I think after reading the threads with all of the error consequences and not understanding any of them, we will retink using them in lieu of creating separate files instead. It seems that there is just too much baggage with design ops.

The people we are training in house just look at me cross-eyed. They say, Why? It seems to complicated from just saving as and moving on.

I don't know if this is possible, but I believe that this is whats it's supposed to do:

I want to create four different building config. schemes for the same site. I simply want to
show four different schemes, but always seem to have the previous opt set greyed out as an underlay.

From our standpoint, we really need alot more info and/or better tutorials for us to continue w/d ops.

LRaiz
2004-11-19, 09:13 PM
The easiest approach for you may be to have a single site project and link into it as many alternative building configurations as you want. Then you may use design options to select a specific building configuration.

Design options in Revit work well in situations when a significant portion of design is shared between options. If a portion of design that you share between options is insignificant then benefits of using DO relative to independent files diminishes.