PDA

View Full Version : [2010] Architectural Grid Control

mwiggins121466
2009-11-25, 06:03 PM
We MEP'ers need better control of grids. We need the ability to toggle off the grid bubbles (like in arch). Currently we have two options to deal with this 1. hide them in the view...tedious 2. Copy/monitor the grids but then we have to adjust them in each view…tedious and can create coordination reviews.

mjdanowski
2009-11-30, 03:01 PM
We just copy monitor the grids and it works fine for us. Its an extra step when creating the project, and creates some coordination reviews every now and then like you said. However, I like the coordination review because it tells me something major has changed.

Also, aren't grids non-view dependent in that if you change them on one plan, they change on the others?

Tony C.
2010-03-11, 01:26 AM
I agree totally that we need better ability control the grids.

Usually when we print our sheets the Architect's grids work fine, and move with our annotation crop boxes like they should. However, as the architects get more sophisticated in using Revit themselves, more are using Scope Boxes. Unfortunately, if they associate a grid line with a specific Scope Box, then that grid line is locked to THEIR scope box and we cannot do anything to change it in our MEP drawings.

...I don't know if this is exactly the same problems you have been having, but this is what we have run into.

Our solutions have been to either: (1) Copy/Monitor their grids and then we have our own grid lines to use, Or (2) Open the Architect’s file(s) and set their grid line properties to “None” for scope box.

My suggestion to Autodesk would be to add the ability for MEP users to associate linked (architectural) grid lines to MEP scope boxes, or to override the grid line’s original association and essentially set the scope boxes for linked grid lines to “None”.

FWIW – I wrote a brief procedure for performing these two work-arounds. Let me know if anyone is interested in it.