PDA

View Full Version : Problem with wall joins

change_is_constant
2009-11-28, 01:43 PM
I'm fairly new to revit, and have noticed that in some places my walls arent joining correctly...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

mark.98140
2009-11-28, 06:45 PM
You msy wish to read up on the way in which walls are constructed in revit in terms of the join order of sub wall components..this tends to be the main reason for odd wall joins... further, you can toggle through various wall join options as well using the modify wall jon command..

mthurnauer
2009-11-29, 04:31 AM
In your second example, it appears correct in my opinion. You would want your brick layer to terminate at the transition from interior to exterior so that you can properly terminate the air barrier, waterproofing, base flashing, etc. In the first example, I would pick the end of the wall and right-click and select disallow wall join.

ws
2009-11-30, 05:35 PM
This is a common problem with Revit walls.

You can pull the mal-joined (is that a word :?) wall end away so that you can right-click the blue dot at its end, then choose 'Disallow join' and then just drag or align the end to the wall it abutts.

Or, there is a trick with turning off the function of wall layers in the wall properties->Edit Type->Edit Structure,
Change the wall layer Function to 'Membrane Layer' from the drop down list in the relevant wall layer, edit that text to delete a letter then OK out of the dialog. If you go back into the Edit dialog you will see that the Function is now blank.

You can sometimes clean up wall join problems with matching materials and Finish priorities in the Function layer list of the meeting walls - there are numbers at the end of each Function name.

Hope that is some help.