PDA

View Full Version : Station Curve Report in .txt

szimmer.goldeng
2009-11-30, 02:53 PM
Can I get a station curve report from Civil 3D? I would like something similar to LDD station curve report that I can manipulate in notebook or word. I can get the XML file but can not manipulate it in notebook.

jim.haglund
2009-11-30, 05:12 PM
QUUX software has a free utility "staoff", that will display points by Station Offset on the screen or to a file. Way better that the Civil 3d report

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D.aspx

Jim

Jeff_M
2009-12-02, 03:18 AM
Can I get a station curve report from Civil 3D? I would like something similar to LDD station curve report that I can manipulate in notebook or word. I can get the XML file but can not manipulate it in notebook. While not really very similar to LDD, the Station-Curve Report is created and opened as HTML code in your internet browser. If it doesn't open automatically, you can find it saved as CivilReport.html in your Windows Temp folder. Once open, you can use the SaveAs commend under the File menu of the browser, saving it as a TXT file. You can then edit it in Notepad......but it will be ugly. :-)

If this is something you will need to do often, you'd be better off editing the XLS style style sheet that is the basis for the report, or you could write your own Report in VBA or .NET. There are many options here, but none are very simple I'm afraid.

HTH,
Jeff

peter.funk
2009-12-09, 08:10 PM
In 2010 you can save the reports in Word, Excel or as a text file. If you save as txt, then the report will be opened in Notepad.

Cheers,

Peter Funk
Civil 3D Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.