PDA

View Full Version : Structure tab has become default on Ribbon!!

barrie.sharp
2009-12-01, 10:31 AM
Just got a new 64bit machine running Windows7. It's awesome! What isn't awesome is the fact that the structure tab is my default tab instead of home. My 32bit Vista machine stuck it on the end. See picture attached.

Is there a some code stored which can change the order. Just want it at the end :(

brethomp
2009-12-01, 02:25 PM
That happened to me as well. You need to reset your ribbon customizations. http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1106327

barrie.sharp
2009-12-01, 02:31 PM
That did the trick! Cheers :beer:

patricks
2009-12-01, 03:22 PM
Curious, are you running a Win7 theme with Aero enabled? If so, have you noticed any "flickering" of the ribbon or the ribbon otherwise disappearing and reappearing while working?

barrie.sharp
2009-12-01, 03:43 PM
Curious, are you running a Win7 theme with Aero enabled? If so, have you noticed any "flickering" of the ribbon or the ribbon otherwise disappearing and reappearing while working?

Funny enough, I used to have those issues on Vista. Since going over to Win7 64bit it has all smoothed out. The only GUI issue I have now is that when Revit first opens, the highlight on mouse over doesn't clear until I have zoomed and after several times it starts to work normally. This started on Vista with an Nvidia driver update and the problem persists on a new system with a different card (still Nvidia, different model)

patricks
2009-12-01, 04:00 PM
hmm odd... I'm still running a Quadro FX550 card, which is somewhat old, on my system with 16GB ram and 64-bit.

ws
2009-12-02, 04:37 PM
I see the same as Barrie ever since an Nvidia driver update earlier this year and the latest Windows 7 Quadro driver does just the same.

The prehighlighting 'sticks' highlighted until you have moved an object or panned the screen a few times.

barrie.sharp
2009-12-02, 04:45 PM
I see the same as Barrie ever since an Nvidia driver update earlier this year and the latest Windows 7 Quadro driver does just the same.

The prehighlighting 'sticks' highlighted until you have moved an object or panned the screen a few times.

Only a slight annoyance but I am pleased to know it's not just me. Something Nvidia has changed. Like I say Vista had it too so it's purely related graphics driver.

ws
2009-12-02, 05:18 PM
The 186.30 driver was the last one that worked on Vista 64 without this glitch.

The Nvidia Quadro driver installed by Windows 7 is slightly newer than the one available on the Nvidia site when I last looked, but the glitch remains.

Harmless but a minor nuisance.