PDA

View Full Version : Insert Sheets from other files?

barrie.sharp
2009-12-01, 12:39 PM
I have sheets in a Revit file to show the sites previous building. I want to include them in the full set on the new build file. However, I didn't realsise that 'insert from file' was exclusive to drafting or schedules. My drawing register shows up but not my plan and eles. Any ideas?

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-01, 01:00 PM
I have sheets in a Revit file to show the sites previous building. I want to include them in the full set on the new build file. However, I didn't realsise that 'insert from file' was exclusive to drafting or schedules. My drawing register shows up but not my plan and eles. Any ideas?

Link the File in, and tell your Drawing list to "Include Elements in Linked Files."

barrie.sharp
2009-12-01, 01:01 PM
Seems obvious now that you have said it! Thanks

barrie.sharp
2009-12-01, 01:22 PM
Having linked the file in, my drawing list shows the sheets which is great! Can the sheet views themselves be available so that I can plot the whole set or will I have to publinsh from each file?

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-01, 02:54 PM
Publish from each file.

Views themselves dont come across. You would have to set up sheets, AND views in the actual project, and then use By Linked View to bring ANNOTATIONS across, but if the sheets are already set up i would just print from the other file.

barrie.sharp
2009-12-01, 02:56 PM
Fair play. Thanks for clarifying!