PDA

View Full Version : Phase Mapping / Phase Filters

ppaige
2009-12-01, 10:42 PM
This may be a well-known issue, but I just came across it (and solved it before I pulled out my hair, fortunately).

I have a site linked into my building model, with all phases mapped one to one (ie, existing=existing). But when I was setting my phase filter in various views, the site visibility stubbornly refused to comply, persistently showing the equivalent of "Show All" even though no VV overrides were in effect.

I finally realized that the site model visibility wasn't changing because its internal phase filters were named slightly differently. The building model (using a newer firm Revit template) used the word "Current" instead of "New" in it's phase filter naming. I updated the site file to match, and everything works now.

This subtlety is interesting because it means that Revit does not override the linked file's phase filters, even though it will happily override everything else (assuming the link is set to By Host).

On a final note, "Current" seems much more intuitive than "New," which most people try to associate with "New Construction," which just confuses them and makes phase filters needlessly difficult to teach.