PDA

View Full Version : Printing

adnama
2009-12-02, 12:06 PM
I'm creating a new A1 portrait titleblock.

I've two questions:

1) When I use the titleblock on a new sheet view in a project, how does Revit know where the boundaries of that 841x594 page are?

2) How do I set up the title block so that I see the edges of the sheet on the screen but not on a print?

Thanks

patricks
2009-12-02, 04:09 PM
Revit will automatically reference the extents of the titleblock family used in a sheet view. All you need to do is set the print preferences to center the view on the sheet size to which you're printing. If your printer sheet size matches your titleblock size, and everything is set to center and 100%, then it should come out correctly.

In our titleblock families, we use lines to show the actual size of the printed paper. As long as the printer is set to print at 100%, then these lines do not print because they are outside the print margins of the paper.

adnama
2009-12-02, 04:18 PM
OK that sounds simple enough, but how do I know where the printable boundary is for a specific printer? In AutoCAD it would show this as a dashed line on the page - is there an equivalent in Revit?

eddy.lermytte
2009-12-02, 04:22 PM
Paul
Have you changed the position of the bottom and or left bounderie of he titleblock Rfa ?
If I remember well, setting up my first titleblocks years ago, I ran into troubles just doing that.
When I need another format I keep these two bounderies fixed.

patricks
2009-12-02, 04:28 PM
Ah you're referring to the print margins for each specific printer. No, Revit does not show that.

For our large sheets, we just keep the actual title block graphics at least 3/4" away from the sheet edge lines, and we've never had any problems plotting on the 3 different large format plotters we've used since I started working here.

I would just check the print margin limits for every printer you plan on using for that particular sheet size, and keep the graphics at least as far away as the printer with the largest print margin limits.

adnama
2009-12-02, 04:33 PM
What would you advise using as the Print Range - Current Window or Selected sheets?

patricks
2009-12-02, 06:06 PM
What would you advise using as the Print Range - Current Window or Selected sheets?

Print Range defines whether you print multiple views/sheets, or only the view/sheet currently active on the screen. It has no effect on what area is printed.

Under Settings at the bottom right corner, click Setup, then specify whether to print Centered or Offset, select sheet size, and whether to Fit To Page or at a particular zoom level (usually 100% is what you want).

patricks
2009-12-02, 06:09 PM
Here's a tip I just discovered:

When you specify the printer you want to print to, click Setup and look at the values listed under Offset from Corner. Those change with each printer, so I would assume those are the minimum print margins for each printer.