PDA

View Full Version : Visibility Problems

David Sammons
2004-11-20, 12:21 PM
Under 'Annotation Categories' I have the boxes checked for 'Grids' and 'Levels' but these annotations do not display in my view. Is there another setting that would keep them from displaying?

Dave S.

PeterJ
2004-11-20, 02:30 PM
Have you got them in a hidden workset?

David Sammons
2004-11-20, 02:33 PM
I do not think so. I am not using worksets. How can I check if they are in a hidden workset?

aggockel50321
2004-11-20, 07:04 PM
Were they hidden with the "hide annotation in view" right click menu item? Try hovering over where you think they should be. If this is the case, they'll highlight.

Or perhaps they're in a scope box that's turned off...

David Sammons
2004-11-20, 07:14 PM
No, I did not hide them with 'hide annotation in view'. I am not sure how to check if a scope box is on or off but I will check the help file for more information about scope boxes.

gravelin
2004-11-20, 10:23 PM
maybe not in the same phase.

David Sammons
2004-11-21, 11:01 AM
I have set up two phases for this project. Perhaps that is the problem.

Gerhard
2004-11-21, 02:41 PM
I do have the problem with levels too.
By unchecking under View proberties the option "far clip active", the levels start to show.

But I do have in the same project 2 existing sections where the levels shows normal (with far clip active checked)!!!

Gerhard

A section created in a section shows the levels!!

sbrown
2004-11-21, 08:19 PM
is this a project that was upgraded from 6 - 7? there are some known issues with 7.0 and level displays. I have found on my project that if i turn the far clip plane off and crop regions(under view properties) then zoom extents I see them and can bring them into the right place, then turn the far clip back on.

David Sammons
2004-11-21, 10:07 PM
I started this project in 7. In addition to the levels not showing, the grid line do not show as well. I unchecked the 'far clip active' box and the grid line display but the levels still do not. After I check the 'far clip active' box, the grid lines no longer display and I still can not view the levels.

beegee
2004-11-21, 10:19 PM
Could it be something similar to this thead (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10729&highlight=levels)?

David Sammons
2004-11-21, 10:33 PM
beegee,

It looks like it may be related to the thread you referenced. I am still trying to understand this concept with the 3D control active before I will know for certain. I will post to let everyone know if this solves my problem.

Dave S.

Gerhard
2004-11-22, 05:58 AM
It seems that the scope box has to do with it.
But I wonder since I did not change anything in the levels and just simply made a section, if this section should not show as it used to in previous versions.
I loved the simlicity of Revit, just sketched things and had the result.
In respect to the levels showing in section, I have now to go through manuals, which are not that easy to understand for an not native english speaking person.
Guess it is nice, if all these additional options are at hand, but the default should be easy as till now.

It's the same with the default metric template.
The version 6 and 7 do somehow do not recognize the window printer setup. Printer opens in factory setting (US setting as letter instead of A4) instead as set in the option in Windows (Europan setting as A4, A3 etc.). Somehow managed to fix it on try and error basis.

Gerhard

Steve_Stafford
2004-11-22, 06:04 AM
...It seems that the scope box has to do with it...Scope boxes control the visibility of gridlines, levels and reference planes. So if you are using a scope box or boxes you should check to make sure you haven't altered them in some way

beegee
2004-11-22, 06:22 AM
As Mr Spot noted in this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10845&page=4&pp=10), there is still a problem with datum visibility in the current (13 ) build.

It is going to be repaired in the next build.