PDA

View Full Version : Space Tags

mclark.235191
2009-12-03, 11:05 PM
I am in the process of creating a new space tag. What I am trying to do is create a custom tag for our office. Our office wants to show for the first line the room number, the following line room name followed my room finish. What I have created is a block with attributes for each line. Having one attribute is fine, but say for the room name you require more then one line. Can you make this attribute into a multi line attribut then have any following attributes shift depending on how many lines you use for the multi line room name? I have created the block with the multi line text, but if it happens to require a second line it just write over any attribute that follows. Is there a way to get the following attributes to move depending on how many lines the multi line one uses?

Sorry if it is confusing. Anything would help.

jlucas
2009-12-04, 07:26 PM
I am in the process of creating a new space tag. What I am trying to do is create a custom tag for our office. Our office wants to show for the first line the room number, the following line room name followed my room finish. What I have created is a block with attributes for each line. Having one attribute is fine, but say for the room name you require more then one line. Can you make this attribute into a multi line attribut then have any following attributes shift depending on how many lines you use for the multi line room name? I have created the block with the multi line text, but if it happens to require a second line it just write over any attribute that follows. Is there a way to get the following attributes to move depending on how many lines the multi line one uses?

Sorry if it is confusing. Anything would help.

Yeah I'm confused mclark. What program are you using and what version? AutoCAD? Why did you post your question here - you do understand that Vault is a database management program right? It sounds to me as though the basics of your block are functioning correctly, but one entered item you wish to show on two separate lines. Is this correct?

Attention Moderator: You may wish to move this thread to the appropriate area.