PDA

View Full Version : Phase Drafting Views

cdsuggs
2009-12-05, 03:53 PM
Is it possible to phase drafting views? So far I'm having no luck.

Ideas and work-arounds welcome.

Thanks,
Chris

RAC2010

Mike Sealander
2009-12-05, 05:57 PM
If you want to control the line weight of detail components in a drafting view, I would suggest drawing some lines in the family at a heavy lineweight and set those lines' visibility to a visibility parameter, like "New construction".

cdsuggs
2009-12-07, 12:16 AM
Not for lineweights but for organization. I suppose a modified naming convention will have to suffice. Drag.

Chris

aggockel50321
2009-12-07, 02:36 PM
You also can add a project parameter to views. You could then use it to sort / filter your drafting views by the added parameter.

arcitek
2015-07-07, 07:28 PM
Is it possible to phase drafting views? So far I'm having no luck.

Ideas and work-arounds welcome.

Thanks,
Chris

RAC2010

Sorry for bringing up this old post but it seems as if it is still applicable. I want to rder things by phase but get these weird 3 question marks for drafting views under the VIEW category. I tried creating my own view organization and adding a parameter to change this but with no success. If you group by Phase like I want, I get this result and no amount of changing the succeeding organization parameters will change it. If I select the view all grouping, this is not an issue so there is some parameter that is not assigned when using the Group by Phase. I just cannot seem to find it.

buchrick344977
2015-07-07, 09:51 PM
Chris,

I added two text based instance parameters to every view: Phase Sort, View Name Sort. I then created a new Browser Organization to group by, first the Phase Sort then by the View Name Sort.

The Phase Sort Contains values of: 0-WORKING, 1-EXISTING, 2-NEW CONSTRUCTION, NOTES/ SYMBOLS. While this parameter is labeled Phase Sort it, it isn't limited to the phases of construction but is the top level of the Sorting.

The View Name Sort is groups the different view together: 5-Exterior elevations, 13-Interior elevations, 9-Wall details, 9-Floor Details. The numbers correspond to the sheet series it will be placed on. A5 is used for Exterior elevations and A13 is used for Interior elevations.

At first this process was very difficult to implement. It became much easier after creating View Templates for every type of view with these setting being preset.

Rick

Nilasam
2015-08-21, 07:21 PM
Sorry for bringing up this old post but it seems as if it is still applicable. I want to rder things by phase but get these weird 3 question marks for drafting views under the VIEW category. I tried creating my own view organization and adding a parameter to change this but with no success. If you group by Phase like I want, I get this result and no amount of changing the succeeding organization parameters will change it. If I select the view all grouping, this is not an issue so there is some parameter that is not assigned when using the Group by Phase. I just cannot seem to find it.

You can avoid the question marks by using different types of view organization for model and drafting views.