PDA

View Full Version : I'm Excited!!!!

k.armstrong
2004-11-21, 02:48 AM
Hello everyone - well I'm pretty excited - received my copy of Revit (6.1) this week and have it up and running.
I'm long time ACAD user (currently ADT05 in office) so I'm sure I'm going to have a few questions for you experts - Beegee & Spot that means you (I'm in Brisbane!)

Regards
Ken

Griff
2004-11-21, 03:23 AM
Welcome Ken,
Everyone makes choices and you made a good one. I switched last year at AU from years in the ADT world. This newsgroup has been a real blessing. The energy on this Forum is great and everyone is more than happy to help others. You will need to unlearn some of the ADT things and just think like you would build it. Revit brought back the excitement for my job that I had lost using ADT. Good luck and enjoy!

beegee
2004-11-21, 03:30 AM
Good to see you here Ken, .... fire at will. :grin:

Chad Smith
2004-11-21, 09:38 AM
Good stuff Ken.

I wonder if I would be correct in saying that Brisbane leads the way for Revit in Australia? I see a lot of users from Brisvegas on these forums, and now we have another.

Haden
2004-11-21, 04:10 PM
Hello everyone - well I'm pretty excited - received my copy of Revit (6.1) this week and have it up and running.
I think those of us who have already started using 7.0 would strongly encourage you to go ahead and download & install the latest build of 7.0. You can just look at the following thread:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10608&highlight=features
and see why 7.0 is worth starting out with, if you haven't already gotten too far into 6.1 -- or even if you have -- there's no real downside to moving into 7.0 (at least now that build 20041113_2030 is available for download on autodesk.com).

Welcome! I'll echo begee & Dave in confirming that we're all here to help!

GuyR
2004-11-21, 07:34 PM
I wonder if I would be correct in saying that Brisbane leads the way for Revit in Australia?

Must have a good reseller who's Revit aware?

Guy

beegee
2004-11-21, 09:34 PM
and a lot of forward thinking, progressive users... ;) ( well that goes for everyone using Revit doesn't it ? )

Merlin
2004-11-21, 10:28 PM
Good stuff Ken.

I wonder if I would be correct in saying that Brisbane leads the way for Revit in Australia? I see a lot of users from Brisvegas on these forums, and now we have another.

.......and another one!.....is it a case of "Revit, Revit, Revit....oi, oi, oi!"?..
we should look into starting a Brisbane user-group!

Chad Smith
2004-11-21, 10:36 PM
we should look into starting a Brisbane user-group!
Thats doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think there is some info somewhere on either the Augi or Autodesk site about starting up a LUG.

k.armstrong
2004-11-22, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys. I'm buying through Karelcad. Of you guys who have bought through them, how many are using their Oz content (downloadable from their website - at a cost) - this was the one of the main reasons for switching.

My first attempt to use details in ADT saw me reaching for Oz content only to be told there wasn't any more being developed.

Silkie
2004-11-22, 07:37 AM
I would recommend that you take advantage of the AUs content of the KarelCAD website called KSpot, it is quite extensive. Especially if you are in the learning-curve stage and until you start creating your own Revit Family items. As far as I can remember as long you have a Revit subscription you get the Family files for free:we certainly did not pay for it. Maybe they have changed there policy.

beegee
2004-11-22, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys. I'm buying through Karelcad. Of you guys who have bought through them, how many are using their Oz content (downloadable from their website - at a cost) - this was the one of the main reasons for switching.
.Karelcad's Kspot content is certainly worth getting.

. As far as I can remember as long you have a Revit subscription you get the Family files for free:we certainly did not pay for it. Maybe they have changed there policy.
Kspot is a subscription service ( additional to your Revit subscription, but not very expensive as I recall. )

Chad Smith
2004-11-22, 09:39 PM
While the content may be good for learning from and to use, we have decided not to use the Karel*CAD content and create it all from scratch. That way we can make the families behave how we want them to, with all the family settings configured to our way of using Revit.

Also, we were on the K-Spot subscription back when using ADT and there was very little content, so we stopped using it.