PDA

View Full Version : Partition Types

pfaudler
2009-12-07, 04:49 PM
Hi,

Please see attached how partition types drawing is produced in Acad in our office. I want to produce the similar in Revit. Can someone please advice on how best we can approach this in Revit?

We have started spliting walls per room basis and have actual layers defined within them. I understand that I need to add additional "TYPE MARK-Ext" parameter (lets say for Exterior side of the wall) and have two TYPE MARK (One Revit original and one shared parameter) parameters showing two values, one for interior and one for exterior side of the wall. I then need to develop a wall tag and have the additional "TYPE MARK-Ext" shared parameter and original TYPE MARK paramater as lables.

It would be also helpful to see how others are doing partition types drawings within Revit, just as a process.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Regards

sbrown
2009-12-07, 07:08 PM
If you do a search of the forum you will find many posts regarding this topic. Yours will be very easy to recreate using a Legend and placing the walls on the legend view then adding the notes you show. We keep a sep. Revit Project containing all our interior partition types and their corresponding details.

pfaudler
2009-12-08, 12:55 PM
Thanks very much Scott.

So would you agree with the approach in terms of tagging walls (i.e. addint additional TYPE MARK-Ext shared parameter)?

In terms of legend view for wall legend sounds a good solution.

regards

sbrown
2009-12-08, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure why you need a shared parameter. Your wall types all will have a unique type mark. ie EW-1 for exterior wall type 1 and PT-1 for Partition Type. Or however you want to tag them.

pfaudler
2009-12-08, 05:18 PM
Thanks Scott. I was still thinking from CAD process point of view in terms of tagging. But actually you are right that the walls will be one element and can have just one tag.

Thanks for your help.