PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Family Parameters

bmaxwell143848
2009-12-07, 07:03 PM
I am working on a Revit project where we have a generic annotation family for a finish symbol. The finish symbol notes the wall, base, and floor finishes for the space in which the symbol is placed. Inside this family, all the parameters for the finishes are family parameters, not shared parameters. They are also instance parameters so that each instance of the finish symbol can have a different value. So far, none of this is out of the ordinary.

It gets a little hairy, however, when I look at the finish schedules in the project into which the symbol has been loaded. Somehow, the schedule is scheduling family parameters which I was under the impression cannot be scheduled. When I right-click the schedule, go to properties, and then go into the 'Fields' area, then try to edit one of the parameters in the schedule, it displays as a family parameter. We are using this to create finish schedules off of the generic annotations, instead of scheduling the actual finish value for wall types, etc.

I did not create this symbol, the parameters, or the schedule. Therefore I am having trouble replicating the process by which it is accomplished. Any thoughts on how this might have been done? No one in the office remembers how to do this as it was over 6 months ago when the standard was set. I appreciate any thoughts.

As a side note, if anyone knows of a way to accomplish this I would appreciate a side-discussion on that as well. I am trying to schedule the values of generic annotations so that we can simply place a signage symbol, etc and then schedule the values within these items.

Thanks,
Max

cporter.207875
2009-12-07, 07:30 PM
You cannot schedule generic annotations. Your finish schedule is probably a room schedule, so the parameters listed under "Fields" have no relationship to the annotations in your rooms. Rooms have schedulable parameters for wall finish, base finish, ceiling finish, etc.

Is it possible that the annotations on your floor plan are actually room tags? Then they would be able to show the same information as the finish schedule.

bmaxwell143848
2009-12-07, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the information. I knew you could not schedule generic annotations, but for some reason it seemed like someone had done just that. The schedule I was referring to was not a schedule after all. In fact, it was a 'note block' or 'annotation schedule'. Thanks again for your input.