PDA

View Full Version : Decals won't render on linked file

Exar Kun
2004-11-21, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to render a model where I have two seperate buildings linked into a site plan. I have applied decals to the buildings. The decals render if I render each building in its own file but as soon as I try to render the site where the buildings are linked into, the decals refuse to show up when rendered. I have also tried attaching the decals to the buildings from within the site drawing and still they don't show up. Any help or possible work arounds? This is rather urgent as it's part of DA that is due in today (don't you love this last minute stuff? :D)

This is regarding version 7, btw.

beegee
2004-11-21, 11:39 PM
Decals will not render if they are in a linked file.

They should render if placed in the parent file though, I'm not sure at the moment why they would not be showing there.

beegee
2004-11-22, 12:22 AM
OK, I just tested this in both 6.1 and 7.0.

In 6.1, the decals DO render when a linked project is placed and rendered. ( ... I was sure it didn't before... :confused: )

In 7.0, I can't get decals working at all.

Can anyone elese confirm this ?

Exar Kun
2004-11-22, 12:31 AM
Yep, that's exactly the behaviour I have. I've worked around it by creating in place place objects just where I want to put the decals in the site drawing. It's a less than ideal work around though.

beegee
2004-11-22, 01:06 AM
I closed 7.0 , reopened, adjusted render settings - and now decals work in 7.0 in both linked and main files. :screwy:

Maybe try that. There could be something glitchy with 7.0, or more likely - just me on a monday.