PDA

View Full Version : Linked DWG showing through floors on export

cbukowski
2009-12-08, 08:17 PM
I'm working on a renovation of a huge warehouse building but we're only affecting about half of it. We've decided not to model the whole building, since we're not affecting the existing shell, and because there is a large portion where we aren't doing any work and the dwg underlay will work just fine. This works great in Revit, because when there are portions of layers on the linked dwg that need to get changed, they get covered up by a floor.

I should probably add that the dwg did not come from my office and the layers were obviously not set up by an architect. i.e. ALL of the walls are on a "wall" layer. There's no distinction between interior, exterior, or even demountable walls...

My problem comes, however, when I export the drawing to a dwg for the consultants. The portions of the dwg that are "hidden" by the floor in Revit show through the floor in AutoCad.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing, or is this just what is always going to happen?

Thanks!

Cassandra

cliff collins
2009-12-08, 08:33 PM
Try exporting from a Hidden Line Floor Plan view in Revit.

You also may be asked if you want to "hide lines" on export--if so, check yes.

It's a bit odd exporting a Revit file which contains another Cad dwg. inside it--
you are "exporting an import" so to speak--a bit redundant.

Perhaps the result you are after in the Cad dwg. could be handled in Autocad
instead by x-reffing the "original underlay" dwg into the resultant exported Cad dwg from Revit?

cheers............

cbukowski
2009-12-09, 05:53 PM
Either way I did it it didn't seem to matter, whether it was hidden line or wireframe.

We've just decided to edit the original CAD file to delete the portion of the building we're working on.

Thanks for your help!

Cassandra