PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Design

mnisbett
2004-11-21, 11:21 PM
I'm looking for information on Kitchen Content. I am aware of the content that comes with Revit, Autodesk's Web site for content and Revitcity's Site. Although These are great resources I'm needing more content for a wider variety of design. I know there have been manufactures that have put out content for AutoCAD, VIZ, and Inventor but what about Revit? Are there any out there yet that are embracing Revit? I'm all for making my own content but I think most of you know how many variants there are for kitchen design. I'm looking for appliances as well as cabinets.
Are there any add ons for Revit specifically for kitchen design?

beegee
2004-11-21, 11:53 PM
Are you aware of the Woodwork Institutes Casework Series (http://www.wicnet.org/publications/casework.asp)? - available for download as rfa files.

mnisbett
2004-11-22, 12:12 AM
HI Beegee,

Ya I've seen there stuff as well, It's on the Autodesk download site. There is some good content there but it isn't as detailed as I'm looking for. I'd like to have different door faces and more variations in cabinet design, built in corner bread box, or spice drawers, tall pan cupboard, wine rack and, maybe even glass doors.

beegee
2004-11-22, 12:25 AM
There's a very fully detailed Kitchen in RevC ... that other place .... but it sounds as though you may need to make your own families to get exactly what you need.

mnisbett
2004-11-22, 12:35 AM
Beegee are you talking about the 23 items in Revitcity? or something else?

beegee
2004-11-22, 12:40 AM
I'm talking about the " white thomasville line together " in - that other place ( Abe won't let me mention RevitCity any more. :) )

Martin P
2004-11-22, 04:02 PM
HI Beegee,

Ya I've seen there stuff as well, It's on the Autodesk download site. There is some good content there but it isn't as detailed as I'm looking for. I'd like to have different door faces and more variations in cabinet design, built in corner bread box, or spice drawers, tall pan cupboard, wine rack and, maybe even glass doors.

I have made a very early start on some simple kitchen doors.... might be worth a look for you, I found they were pretty easy to do, will be adding more over the next few months.

I just did the the worktops and casing in place, though I will (possibly) eventually create whole units, but in place worked fine for what I needed at the moment and was very quick.

anthony.67953
2004-11-22, 04:20 PM
I have been working on cabinet with replaceable doors. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

sbrown
2004-11-22, 05:17 PM
I think you are talking more about kitchen equipment. I know McDonalds had all its fryers, grills, etc. in Revit. However I don't know any mfg creating content. That being said, what I do is take the dwg content available from mfg. and import it into a revit family, in plan and elevation and then just make a generic 3d box, this way I can layout a kitchen and tag the equipment. I haven't needed to "render" a commercial kitchen so the need for accurate 3d models hasn't been an issue.

mnisbett
2004-11-23, 12:02 PM
Martin, Anthony,

You guys look like you have a good start on your cabinetry. Thanks for posting the examples. It looks like I will have to follow suit and start building my own. My wife wants me to redesign our kitchen so it'll be a good small project to start on.

murrayskeeter
2010-04-08, 07:23 AM
anthony.67953,

Have you tried using handle-less (http://www.schoolofinteriordesign.org/kitchen/sleek-kitchen-interiors-contemporary-interior-design-for-modern-kitchens-by-doimo-c-3.html) design of the cabinet doors? It provides a very sleek
appearance. Good luck with your project.