PDA

View Full Version : best practices for wall type sheet

mfgarrod
2009-12-09, 12:44 AM
My firm is just getting seriously in to Revit. We generally creat a sheet with wall types that are short lengths of each typical wall in plan view. I can think of a few ways to do this, but I want to know the proper way. should i just model short lengths of walls somewhere out in the model space, crop a floor plan to them and put it on a sheet? Do i make an individual partial plan view of a short section of the actual wall in the model? How do firms that are currently delivering projects in Revit handle this? Thanks.

mthurnauer
2009-12-09, 03:55 AM
If that is how you do it then the easiest way is to generate a Legend and insert your wall types into the legend. Note that there are many limitations to legends like you cannot intelligent tag the layers of the wall assembly, it has to be dumb text, but if that does not bother you then it is the quickest option. If you want the intelligent tagging and dimensioning then you will want to make a Schedule phase in your project, drop a short section of each wall type in and make a detail view of them on your wall type sheet.

barrie.sharp
2009-12-09, 12:41 PM
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=111575

Check this link. Scott gave me a good answer to this.

mpanutso408494
2013-08-14, 09:14 PM
In the Project Browser go to the Families, then Walls, and drag each wall type onto a blank legend. You'll have the option of plan view or section view in the menu bar, and you can detail them from there.

barrie.sharp
2013-08-16, 08:23 AM
In the Project Browser go to the Families, then Walls, and drag each wall type onto a blank legend. You'll have the option of plan view or section view in the menu bar, and you can detail them from there.

Welcome to the forum. FYI, you should check the dates on the posts, this thread is nearly 4 years old :)