PDA

View Full Version : Tags with Parameters

shawryluk
2009-12-09, 08:41 PM
I am looking to create a new tag that would allow me to tag a window and or door with the same info that is in the window/door schedule, I would really like the tag to state what face and level of the building that it is on, and then be able to add a mark/type mark after.
EX. W-1-1 (West – Level 1 – Mark 1)
Please let me know if anyone has tried to do this.

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-09, 08:47 PM
You can get them to tag any information you want, as long as its a Shared Parameter. Its just not going to be automatic. Mark and type mark are standard... If you want Level and Orientation, youll have to make a shared parameter for them... (Level may be there, i dont recall... )

shawryluk
2009-12-09, 09:28 PM
ya see i want it to be automatic, so i do not have to go into the mark and enter text for each window.

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-09, 09:39 PM
Mark and Type Mark should fill in automatically. The others arent going to... You can give them a default value so they have SOMETHING in there, but theyre not going to *know* where they are in your model and what you want them to say.

Mark and Type mark, just use the OOTB parameters. They work fine.

shawryluk
2009-12-09, 10:45 PM
is there a way of creating a parameter in a window that would read the same parameter from a wall?

so if i had a parameter in a wall that states that it is South, could i have the parameter for the window read that info?

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-09, 11:32 PM
is there a way of creating a parameter in a window that would read the same parameter from a wall?

so if i had a parameter in a wall that states that it is South, could i have the parameter for the window read that info?

Not automatically, no. You cant pull in information from the Hosts without some external function. I assume the API could do it, but i have no idea how. Natively, you cannot.

Make it a shared parameter, then set a roof plan thats got a view range going all the way down to below grade. Put in all your windows. Set the view to wireframe. Window select the entire *north wall* and filter down to windows. Enter the field and type NORTH and call it a day. :)

shawryluk
2009-12-09, 11:37 PM
thanks for you help.

Phillip_Miller
2009-12-10, 10:23 AM

Not automatically, but it would be resonably simple to do using the api. It could all be done automatically with a one button click.

shawryluk
2009-12-10, 04:21 PM
i really have not used or looked into the api, how does it work?

Phillip_Miller
2009-12-10, 07:37 PM
i really have not used or looked into the api, how does it work?

If you have some programming knowledge its really not that hard. Check out the Revit SDK which can be downloaded from Autodesk Web site. There is good examples in there. Good Luck.

Cheers

Phillip