PDA

View Full Version : Copying 2d info from 3d detail views to drafting views

rwilson.236948
2009-12-10, 06:40 PM
I am working on a revit project at the detail stage and have created a number of details by creating 3d detail views and adding 2d components and lines to add more detail. I would like to transfer these 2d components and lines to a drafting view so I can export them to an external folder to be used for other projects. To do this I have filter selected all the 2d information from the detail and copy/pasted it into a drafting view. Unfortunately when I do this the 2d information breaks apart and no longer resembles the detail that I copied. I am thinking it might be due to some 3d workplane associations of the 2d componants, but I am noty sure and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

aggockel50321
2009-12-11, 02:34 PM
Try this:

Place your 3D detail view on a sheet, turn off the titleblock & view title, then export the sheet out to dwg.

This will give you a flat 2d dwg file of the 3D geometry.

You can then import the dwg file into your drafting view.

rwilson.236948
2009-12-11, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I tried this out and it works well in that it displays the same graphic information and retains some of the information in block format. This wilI work, but I guess I was hoping there would be a way to transfer the details in revit format so that none of the component types are lost.

Regards

jessica.146534
2016-08-26, 05:06 PM
make sure your drafting view is set to the same scale as the 3D view