PDA

View Full Version : Printing

Depeshrai
2009-12-11, 12:57 PM
how do u get drawings ready for printing as in terms of setting up viewport for section, elevations and plans?

Andre Carvalho
2009-12-11, 01:13 PM
Can you elaborate a little bit more about your question? Are you asking about how one create drawing sheets in Revit so they can be printed? If yes, it's a very easy process. It's just a matter of inserting a new drawing sheet in the project then accessing that drawing sheet in the project browser and inserting your views into it (just by dragging and dropping into the sheet). Revit will try to align views on the same drawing sheet when possible.

Andre Carvalho

Depeshrai
2009-12-14, 01:08 PM
cheers, much appreciated. how do u get the drawing on the viewport page?

Andre Carvalho
2009-12-14, 01:16 PM
Well, it's pretty easy. Just drag the view from the browser and drop it on a drawing sheet. Revit will add the title and detail number to it by default.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2009-12-14, 04:16 PM
I see you've been posting several questions in here lately, most of which are pretty basic. Nothing against you of course, we all have to start somewhere. But may I suggest running through some of the Revit tutorials? I think that will answer most, if not all of your questions. Use the Help file, as well, as it contains tons of information.

When I was starting out in Revit, I took about 3 days to go through the tutorials (back in version 6.1), and that helped me get a feel for things more than anything else could. You really have to just hunker down and do it in order to really learn the software.

If you still have questions, feel free to post here. 8)

Depeshrai
2009-12-16, 02:57 PM
Yeh thanks 4 the advice