PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Tag/View Name

techsupport.161645
2009-12-11, 01:22 PM
Is their a way to hide or remove the View Name in the interior elevation tag?

Once the views are created and named, they appear in the tag as well. We just need the letter to represent it in the view, but on the sheet we want the entire name in the view title. Is their anyway to hide the view title as highlighed in the attached screen shot?

Thank You

Scott Womack
2009-12-14, 11:00 AM
Go to Settings/Annotation/Elevation tags, and change it for the type of elevation tag. This will have no effect on the name under the view on a sheet.

techsupport.161645
2009-12-14, 01:23 PM
Go to Settings/Annotation/Elevation tags, and change it for the type of elevation tag. This will have no effect on the name under the view on a sheet.

From the familiy drop down menu I do not see Interior Elevation tag which is the type I am looking to change.

patricks
2009-12-14, 04:19 PM
Manage > Settings > Elevation Tags. Select the elevation tag type you want to modify (if you have a separate type for interior elevations) and uncheck the Show View Name check box.

techsupport.161645
2009-12-14, 04:28 PM
Manage > Settings > Elevation Tags. Select the elevation tag type you want to modify (if you have a separate type for interior elevations) and uncheck the Show View Name check box.

I have tried that, but the view name still appears. I am going to try another file and see what happens. From everyones suggestions and what I have come across online, this should just work as stated.

techsupport.161645
2009-12-14, 04:54 PM
I have tried that, but the view name still appears. I am going to try another file and see what happens. From everyones suggestions and what I have come across online, this should just work as stated.

I started a new revit project not using our default template and I am able to toggle the view name on/off for the elevation tag. However, it is not turining on/off in our office revit template we are working with.

patricks
2009-12-14, 05:10 PM
Seems odd... how about trying to create a new elevation type, and if that works, then transfer all the interior elevations to that new type, then purge out the old type.

emodderman
2015-10-13, 08:11 PM
I'd like the state that I'm having this issue again in 2016. I have tried the instructions below and there is no Show View Name checkbox to uncheck. I'm feeling pretty silly right now, not being able to solve this... What am I missing?