PDA

View Full Version : Label shows from Floor Below

Doug
2009-12-11, 01:55 PM
I have a family that the label shows from the floor below. How to I fix this? It is driving me nuts.

Scott Womack
2009-12-14, 11:09 AM
I have a family that the label shows from the floor below. How to I fix this? It is driving me nuts.

There are a couple of things to check on. Do you have a floor inbetween?Is it on?

Looking at the Family, my first suggestion is to take all of the vertical reference plans, and drag the 3D edges back down closer to the cabinet. It is not really documented well, but if any part of the family crosses the lower extent of your view depth settings, the family will appear. Since your Reference plans extent so far above the cabinet, if your floor to floor heights are not very high, this family may have portions, like the label, appear on a floor above.

I would actually also suggest removing the label from the family, and develop a Specialty equipment tag that reads that parameter in your family. Although the tag is another step in the documentation procress, it will also give more control over the placement of the text.

patricks
2009-12-14, 02:15 PM
I would actually also suggest removing the label from the family, and develop a Specialty equipment tag that reads that parameter in your family. Although the tag is another step in the documentation procress, it will also give more control over the placement of the text.

I agree. I tried placing your FEC into a 1/8" plan and the text was pretty much on top of the plan representation of the cabinet.