PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Symbol showing up on all floors

Doug
2009-12-11, 05:49 PM
Hi Guys!
I am using 2010, I have a problem with the Room Symbol showing up from the floor below.
I am using the standard Interior Elevation Symbol.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Doug

patricks
2009-12-11, 06:00 PM
I believe if either the elevation's upper extent or your floor plan's view depth cross each other, you'll see the symbol in the floor plan above.

Check your upper view's bottom and view depth settings, and see if it's lower than the upper extent of your elevation's crop region.

gvluisi
2009-12-11, 07:36 PM
Could it be that you have the floor below shown as "underlay" in the floor above? Check your VP

Doug
2009-12-11, 09:01 PM
Hey Guys

It's not either one of these, any other ideas?

patricks
2009-12-11, 09:29 PM
Can you post a simplified version of the file, or at least describe your view range and elevation crop settings?

I don't recall ever seeing an elevation symbol show up in a view if the view's range didn't intersect the elevation view's crop region.

Doug
2009-12-12, 01:15 AM
No simplified version, but I "fixed it" by deleting all of the interior elevations purged the drawing and deleted the Eevation Tag, saved the file to a new version. Some fix, but all I did is create the elevations for about a 1/2 a doz. rooms. Sure am glad I didn't spend alot of time on them.

I am have a similare issue with a family... the tag FEC shows up all the way thru the model.

Thanks for the help!

bregnier
2009-12-12, 01:24 AM
check your view range. "primary range - bottom" should be set to the floor surface. you can use "view depth" to show stuff below if you want. anything in the primary range that has the capability to show up through objects (symbolic lines, view tags) will be in the view.