PDA

View Full Version : mystery gird

cbaze
2009-12-11, 06:12 PM
I am trying to rename a grid but am getting the "The name entered is already in use. Enter a unique name." error message. However, I can't find the grid with the name I want anywhere. Is there any way to select a grid by name so I can delete it?

sthedens
2009-12-11, 07:02 PM
The grid you're trying to find may not be visible in the view you're looking at. It could be hidden, or just doesn't extend into the view.

If you're sure you want to delete it, you can try this:

Select a grid you can see.
Right click and choose "Select All Instances".
Unselect (holding down the shift key) the grids you want to keep.
Verify the number of grids still selected by clicking the Filter.
Press the Delete key.

The danger here is inadvertantly deleting a grid line you want to keep but isn't in the current view you're looking at.

jeffh
2009-12-11, 09:12 PM
I am trying to rename a grid but am getting the "The name entered is already in use. Enter a unique name." error message. However, I can't find the grid with the name I want anywhere. Is there any way to select a grid by name so I can delete it?

If you expand the error message dialog the GUID of the grid object will be listed. use can use the "Select by ID" tool to then select the grid and delete it.

andy.blackwell366639
2015-03-04, 07:35 AM

One grid may be on top of another. In this event create a New Schedule using Category 'Grids', and add a 'Name' field. From the resulting schedule find the name you want in the schedule, select it and from the contextual menu select 'Highlight in Model'.