PDA

View Full Version : Purge Unused takes a really long time.

jj mac
2009-12-14, 02:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone experienced unusally long wait times when trying to purge unused?

Is it possible that one of the families in the project is corrupt, or causing an extreme slow down?

patricks
2009-12-14, 03:49 PM
How long are we talking here? In my experience, the time required to purge unused is pretty closely related to the number of family types being purged out. 700+ types takes much longer than 100 or less.

When you invoked the Purge Unused command, how many items did it say could be purged?

jj mac
2009-12-14, 04:10 PM
There are for sure under 300 items... I think it's like 270+ or something like that.

It takes about 1/2 an hour... I have 3 files that are all doing the same thing. Each file happens to be cross linked into the each other, but I don't think that should make a difference??? Should it?

patricks
2009-12-14, 04:12 PM
Oh wow, okay yeah that's really long. I've never seen a purge take more than a couple of minutes even with over 700 items being purged out.

jj mac
2009-12-14, 04:15 PM
It actually started happening a while ago, and to be honest, it's not really that big of a deal at least right now.

I am just worried something else may be wrong with the files.

At first it was only 2 of the 3 files, but now it's 3 of 3. There is actually another linke file as well, (so 4 in total) but that one is fine as of now...

Thanks for the reply

patricks
2009-12-14, 04:17 PM
Have you tried maybe saving out a separate version of the file and removing all other Revit links, then doing a Purge and see how long it takes?

jj mac
2009-12-14, 04:20 PM
Not yet... and I did not think of that.

It's defaintly worth a try, although I must say, I really hope that's not the case.

I'll keep you posted!