PDA

View Full Version : Orient to View

kmarquis
2009-12-14, 09:14 PM
In Revit 2009 I used to be able to be in a 3D View and select the option of Orient to a View and select any view in the entire project including details which I loved. If you were trying to work out a detail created from a callout or section and you wanted to see exactly what was going on you could orient your working 3D view to that exact spot. I don't see this availability anymore in 2010. The only choices I get for Orient to a View now are Floor Plans, Elevations and 3D Views. Does anyone have any idea of what happened or if I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

ron.sanpedro
2009-12-14, 09:31 PM
In Revit 2009 I used to be able to be in a 3D View and select the option of Orient to a View and select any view in the entire project including details which I loved. If you were trying to work out a detail created from a callout or section and you wanted to see exactly what was going on you could orient your working 3D view to that exact spot. I don't see this availability anymore in 2010. The only choices I get for Orient to a View now are Floor Plans, Elevations and 3D Views. Does anyone have any idea of what happened or if I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

It is hidden in the View Cube now. While in a 3D view, right click the View Cube and you can choose to Orient to View or Orient to Direction. So much for the highly vaunted discoverability in the new UI. ;)

Best,
Gordon

mthiessens
2009-12-15, 02:56 PM
You can assign it a keyboard shortcut now to make it that much easier.