PDA

View Full Version : inventor acis into revit

davidwlight
2004-11-22, 10:03 PM
With one of the new features in Revit 7 being the overhauled mass modelling tools, commonly called "building maker" by the Autodesk marketing team! has anybody experimented with exporting acis solids from Autodesk Inventor in Revit? I have had a go, with varying results. Is there any process / procedure which should be followed? Does anybody know what the limitations are?

tatlin
2004-11-23, 01:49 PM
With one of the new features in Revit 7 being the overhauled mass modelling tools, commonly called "building maker" by the Autodesk marketing team! has anybody experimented with exporting acis solids from Autodesk Inventor in Revit? I have had a go, with varying results. Is there any process / procedure which should be followed? Does anybody know what the limitations are?
In Revit 7, in order to use the new 'Pick Face' Wall, Roof, Curtain System and Floor options on imported ACIS solids, you need to 'wrap' the dwg by importing it into a Mass or Generic Model family. This will make the faces of the solid geometry pickable and also let Floor Area Faces / Volume/ Surface Area work.

Try it out and let us know if what you think.

Not all surface types supported by Inventor are supported by Revit yet. We are looking for sample geometry to test internally however., so if you have some interesting files, please send them to me.

thanks,