PDA

View Full Version : Draw Order - Modelling & Drafting Views Combined

barathd
2009-12-15, 10:53 PM
This is one of those annoying Revit nuisances. I am using a model view and then drafting my wind studs over the model. Would be nice if draw order could be used in this case to bring the structural members forward. Don't image there is a work around for this? No I do not want to waste my time adding additional detail items over the modelled items. These items will look much worse when used as enlarged details. Look at the top of foundation wall or the edges of the HSS columns to see what I mean.

Regards

Dick Barath

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-15, 11:06 PM
So .... You want you the Model Items to show in front of the detail items... Why dont you just stop the detail items when they hit the model items? Or am i not understanding what youre asking?

barathd
2009-12-15, 11:19 PM
So .... You want you the Model Items to show in front of the detail items... Why dont you just stop the detail items when they hit the model items? Or am i not understanding what youre asking?

Too much work - easy to use the align tool. Furthermore if I wanted to cut a section the detail would be inaccurate. Let's not forget we have more or less agreed to the notion no BS in BIM - things need to be depicted CORRECTLY. Sorry but I don't see this as a GOOD solution.

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-15, 11:25 PM
No apologies necessary! Good luck. :)