PDA

View Full Version : Building Pad....

Jun Austria
2009-12-16, 03:30 AM
"Pads can't overlap (but can share edges)."

What does "share edges" mean? I cannot make two separate pads close to each other or else the message appear. So how to share edges?

Ok. I noticed the trouble start when I'm trying to align the arc portion of the pad to another pad of the same shape. But if its a straight line, I have no problem.

Dimitri Harvalias
2009-12-16, 04:37 AM
This can happen with curved pad edges. It has to do with the way Revit facets the curves.
The only reliable way to prevent this is to split the lines defining the sketch for the larger curves so they are the same as the smaller curves. See the image

Once you split the large sketch you can use the pick option to ensure that the edges match perfectly

Jun Austria
2009-12-16, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the tip Dimitri. This solved my problem. But unfortunately I just encountered another. This seems to happen on a slope pad.....

jkipfer
2010-02-23, 10:38 PM
Is there a solution to this? I have the same issue - I have 2 straight slab edges very close together though not overlapping and I get the topo surface extending up between the two.

janu.g.6
2010-03-17, 03:04 AM
I have the same problem as i'm getting a toposurface between the two when i split them.. anyone have an answer?

mtogni
2010-03-17, 11:28 AM
I have the same problem as i'm getting a toposurface between the two when i split them.. anyone have an answer?

No answer, this is one of many Revit' unfixing problems (by years). Good luck!

patricks
2010-03-17, 04:44 PM
I believe this issue only fairly recently cropped up when sloped pads were introduced. I had not seen this problem prior to that (release 2009 I think?).

d.stairmand
2010-03-21, 05:26 PM
What we tend to do is to make a pad, copy clip the Boundary to the Clipboard, then finish the first pad. Then we start the next pad - & paste the old Boundary from the Clipboard back onto the screen.