PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Viewports

spratt-l
2009-12-16, 08:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew how to rotate a viewport? I need to rotate it so that I can fit the floor plan on the page. Any ideas??

Thanks, Lisa

eric.piotrowicz
2009-12-16, 08:13 PM
Here is a thead which already discussed this topic and it didn't even take 30 seconds to find. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=105892&highlight=rotating+views

patricks
2009-12-16, 08:31 PM
Here is a thead which already discussed this topic and it didn't even take 30 seconds to find. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=105892&highlight=rotating+views

Doesn't apply to OP's question.

Just make the view's crop region visible, select the crop region, and use the Rotate tool. But be careful, you need to rotate it in the OPPOSITE direction that you want the VIEW to be oriented. Sounds confusing, but it's akin to having your hand on the top of your car steering wheel, and moving your hand counterclockwise to 9 o'clock so that you can rotate the steering wheel clockwise (hand returns to top after turning steering wheel).

So if you want North to be left on your floor plan, rotate the crop region CLOCKWISE, or vice versa for North to be right on the sheet.

eric.piotrowicz
2009-12-16, 09:14 PM
Sorry patricks,
If the OP was looking for a non 90 degree condition then rotating the crop region as you describe would be the way to go. The question didn't say what rotaion they were looking for and I went with the simplest solution first. Your solution is much more flexible, thanks for including the addition instructions.
Eric

spratt-l
2009-12-16, 09:30 PM
Thanks so much Patricks that worked perfect.

cr_gixxer
2010-06-09, 05:18 PM
So once you rotate the view 90 degrees, how do you go about rotating the viewport label?

rhino121
2010-07-05, 11:05 AM
So once you rotate the view 90 degrees, how do you go about rotating the viewport label?

I've not yet found a way to rotate the view title back to it's initial orientation.

I prefer to rotate the viewport (make crop region visible, pick and rotate) as mentioned above. That way the title block remains upright.