PDA

View Full Version : Adding keynotes to a callout

AlanMcKee
2009-12-16, 11:19 PM
Hi Guys

So I have a few call-outs made from a section that I intend to detail a bit further with notes etc

I am looking to keynote the materials in use, but when I make one, it tells me that I will not see that changes made in the current view.

Obviously I am not doing this right, should I be doing details elsewhere? Any suggestions as to where I can put the Keynotes on the detail?

Many Thanks

Alan

timothy.bungert
2009-12-17, 06:20 PM
Rather than creating a callout annotation and allowing it to create a new view, try the following:

1. Duplicate the floor plan by selecting "Duplicate with Detailing"
2. Rename your floor plan to something like "Enlarged Bathroom Plan" or whatever it is depicting
3. Change the scale of this new floor plan to what you want it to be.
4. Turn on your crop region and crop the view down to what you would want to see if this were created like a callout.
5. Hide the crop region boundary.
6. Go back to the ORIGINAL floor plan and select the callout tool.
7. Before you draw the callout annotation, find the checkbox and dropdown menu on your top status bar that says "Reference Other View". Check the box, then click the drop down and select the name of the view you just created.
8. When you place that enlarged floor plan (now acting as a callout) onto a sheet, the view reference tag on the original floor plan will automatically fill itself in.

The views that a callout tag creates are strange...they seem to be more similar to drafting views in that a lot of the MODEL information is unavailable. This is the workaround we use and it works great for us. Hope that helps!