PDA

View Full Version : Text will not rotate according to sheet orientation

bcreehan
2009-12-21, 08:37 PM
I created a generic annotation containing a filled region and a label to make a control joint marker I could place on plans. I am trying to get the text/label to always remain upright, no matter how I rotate the filled region (pointer).

If this can't be done - it would be good to know too. Thanks!

wmullett
2009-12-21, 09:16 PM
I believe your only option is keep readable.... There is not keep horizontal option.

bcreehan
2009-12-21, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the response. I thought that perhaps I could constrain the label to a reference plane that could possibly reorient itself to the view orientation...but I have had no luck.
I am new to revit and just wanted to check if there was a way.

Thanks again

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-21, 10:48 PM
The only way would be if the "symbol" you were using to mark your control joints was a Tag, for the object you put in. Thats what we do here. We have a Line Based Family that is the CJ, and it is drawn on the exterior plane of the Wall Face. Then if you tag it in plan, the Text always stays vertical, like a wall tag... You could put the triangle shape and the Type Mark Label in a Tag for the catagory.

Of course, you would have to have an object to tag, which is food for thought. If youre ONLY calling them out in plan, it would be an extra step. if youre also drawing them in elevation, it would be the same work as youre already doing, but it would be better coordinated. :)