PDA

View Full Version : level (elevation) problem

Bryan Thatcher
2009-12-22, 10:36 PM
This is going to be hard to explain. I have 2 models sent to us by the architect. When they are linked into each other, they line up fine. When I bring them into our model, they are 1'-0" off from each other. To complicate things, they modeled using sea level as a datum. Their first floor elevation was 24'-8" and was moved to 23'-8" per a survey. Our model is built using theirs as a reference. In the attached image you see our datum (0") and the two linked models (1'-0" off from each other). The spot elevation makes sense, but when I check the coordinates it says -24' 1 3/4". I don't know where to start. And I'm getting different elevations between the model and elevations too. I have removed the link's and re-linking them. I'm wondering if the two models weren't "lowered" in different ways. Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

davidcobi
2009-12-22, 11:05 PM
I've seen this before... Your Project Coordinates are probably different from your Shared Coordinates. Select a level and try changing the Elevation Base parameter to "Shared."

For a spot elevation annotation, change the Elevation Origin parameter to "Shared."

It might take some footwork to get the discrepancy resolved... but this is where I always start when someone has messed up the elevations.

This is going to be hard to explain. I have 2 models sent to us by the architect. When they are linked into each other, they line up fine. When I bring them into our model, they are 1'-0" off from each other.

If you're bringing them both in by shared coordinates then the 1'-0" discrepancy is probably in one of the architect's models.