PDA

View Full Version : How Much????

luigi
2004-11-23, 10:34 PM
How much is a standalone license of Revit in your country? Please post the lowest price of Revit and/or Revit Series (single license) and the currency of your county...This is just for curiosity....an early thank you for those who contribute

Peace,

Wes Macaulay
2004-11-23, 11:05 PM
Our prices depend on the US dollar, so I think the cost is pretty much the same for US and Canadian users. Revit is about $4k US to buy, plus $695 US per year for subscription (off the top of my head).

Edit: the $4k may include subscription for the first year... I can't remember!

BillyGrey
2004-11-23, 11:50 PM
I beleive I paid about $3900.00 US Dollars, which included the 1 year subscription.

Perhaps I need to dig up my invoice, but I remember getting a decent price then.

luigi
2004-11-24, 02:40 PM
Attention, attention...

United States,
Italia,
France,
UK,
Ireland,
Australia,
Japan,
China,
Czech Republic,
Germany,
Belgium,
Norway,
Finland,
The rest of the European Union,
New Zealand,
Countries from Africa,
etc.

How much is Revit in your country? What deals did you get, or can you currently get? I need the lowest price you ever heard of, not just the current retail price. Oh, and please, the earliest release of Revit should be 6.0...

Thank you for the great response this post will get :)

Peace,

luigi
2004-11-25, 06:16 PM
Really, nobody want to add to this thread? I think it is very interesting to find out what the cost is around the country. For instance, is the cost higher in one country and not another? How much is the difference? Do clients pay more to architects in one country, but the cost of revit is lower? Are some countries having good promotions, and others have only the retail price?

Please, Please....I know there is a good variety of users outthere, just add the cost for a license and that's all, no need to take too long to respond.

P.S.

This will be the last posting if noone responds...

peace,

PeterJ
2004-11-25, 06:57 PM
I suspect many of the people here just don't know the answer to this question. I came through on a subscription model from RTC before they were purchased by Autodesk and paid a conversion price, that will be true of many of the older members here and the price will have no bearing to the current retail offering. WATG, for example, probably pay a discounted rate as a bulk buyer and that is true of a number of the larger commerical concerns who will have direct deals with Autodesk or secondary deals with resellers and those deals maybe commercially sensitive.

Wes Macaulay
2004-11-25, 07:41 PM
Not to mention that few people in our experience ever pay full price for the software: they're upgrading AutoCAD to Revit Series, or cross-grading ADT -- the best thing you can do with the software ;)

I know of only a handful of people who have bought Revit from scratch.

fernando
2004-11-25, 08:14 PM
portugal
4700 euros + 700 for 1 Year subscription ( autodesk price)
could get some discount from the dealer

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-11-25, 08:23 PM
Another thing worth noting IMHO... not all resellers are created equal !

Don't be sucked into the lowest price for the software alone. Remember, you are also paying for support and service. That can be worth the extra few dollars. Do your homework and call up other clients that your reseller has. People are always willing to tell you when someone is not servicing them well and are often more willing to say a good thing about them.

blads
2004-11-26, 01:40 AM
Australia:
I came through on a subscription that I was already on with ADT so I just cross-graded a few years back. Have just paid my subs for the next 12 months at $A 1230 (incl GST).

-OTTP-Brembo
2004-11-26, 02:07 AM
We paid nearly AUD$9000 plus $1200 a year for subscription in Australia.

luigi
2004-11-27, 10:50 AM
That's about 5400 $ without subscription in Australia....!!!

I know that there are many people that purchased Revit after the Autodesk Acquisition. This is the only reason I was able to convert my firm in states. In the Detroit Area there was a HUGE gathering on Autodesk, and the architectural portion of that meeting spent most of the time to talk about ADT, and only 15-30 minutes on Revit, but what came out of the mouth of the main Autodesk guy was that as a company they were going to put most of the R&D towards Revit, that THIS was going to be their main program.....a huge statement in front of all the companies that have been investing into ADT....

The cost of support doesn't bother me too much, only because as a user having used Revit for a few years it is a bit less important than the ability of purchasing the software.

What I am interested is how, the same software, can cost much higher in a country that the profession (and the rest of the people) earn much less than the USA. For example, in Poland where many people earn about $1000 or less a MONTH, the software cost is 4500 EUR, which is $6,000 with subscription included and a software that is in English only (I know that they are working on the polish version, but the software is being sold and only English is available) Plus of course there is the 22% of Polish tax that goes on top of that
which makes the total of $7320. Now, firms will definitely earn more that $1000 a month, but the earning ratio is by FAR much lower!!!!

This is what sparked my interest to find out the cost over the world.

Thanks for the input!!!

Wes Macaulay
2004-11-27, 05:12 PM
That's a good point, Luigi. How can other users in non-Western countries afford Revit? The economics are so different... I wonder how much thought Autodesk puts into this. It could effectively kill the use of Revit in many countries, esp if other vendors set the price of their software appropriate to the level of income. It would be a loss to them -- the rest of the world subsidizing the cost of the software.

I guess this is where economic theory comes in!

mjfarrell
2004-11-27, 08:34 PM
I wonder if these higher prices outside
of the US are not a combination of Import
and Export tariffs adding to the retail price of
the product. Not being an international trade
wizard, I have to wonder if the tariff is based
on the sale price of the product or the technical
content of the product? If it is the sale price
this would present AutoDesk and others a unique
opportunity to combat piracy of their products
by pricing them in a more realistic way in relation
to the target market.
My understanding is that most if not all technology products
have a higher price in most emerging markets.
I wonder if the thought process isn't the more technically able
firms will have a higher throughput than those that do
not adopt some form of CAD?

Gerhard
2004-11-28, 06:09 AM
As in previous treads and here again, the question is not how much do I pay more or less in a certain state in the US, the problem is the price in the different continents and countries.

As native swiss I still remember the initial evaluation for the purchasing of AutoCAD. Even the price was (guess is still) high, the high labor costs and the prospect of less drafting hours were reasons enough to buy the product (eventually some seats).
Now after having started anew as a one man show, in a place where the average salary for junior architects and equivalent drafting personal is around 1'000 US $, things are looking different. I more or less pay the same price as in Switzerland for Revit, but all the rest is different.
The income per project is much less. Apart there are up to now not many people working with Revit, so it is almost impossible to outsource the drafting (no problem with AutoCAD, since almost all is done in AutoCAD "not desktop").

Started different projects (proposals) in Revit and I'm looking forward that eventually one or the other project will materialize.
On-site supervision takes a lot of the time spent on the different projects, since labor skill and work quality in general are not up to standard.
Therefore I'm looking to find somebody to train in Revit so that I could in some way relay on somebody for the drafting work.
In the short run, the "60 days trail" will help, but there is nobody who is going to spend the cost for Revit upfront ( hope that I will have work for more than 60 days :) ) and I myself start to think about the upcoming 660 $ I will have to pay for the subscription.

Guess the price for a product like Revit should also take in consideration the factors of the market in the different countries.

But then again, I have nothing to complain, since I saved quite some time (money) by working with Revit than in with an other program, which as they know in autodesk is sold here for the same price!!
Gerhard