PDA

View Full Version : how can you tag a linked equipment revit file?

yanyan77
2009-12-23, 05:31 PM
we want to seperate our equipments from our main model to create a linked file, because the equipments make our central file very heavy.
i am wondering, how can you tag the equipments in the main model which are in a linked file. i tried, it does not work.and the equipment schedule does not show any equipments any more.
someone suggests us do the tag and schedule in the linked file, but how can you schedule equipments in a file there is no room, no wall?

bbeck
2009-12-23, 05:48 PM
You can't tag elements in a linked model. You can have a schedule include linked elements. Under the properties of your schedule, fields tab, there is a check box for "Include elements in linked files".

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-23, 06:41 PM
In a parent file, you can tell a schedule to Include Elements in Liked file. It WILL NOT report its room, unless the room object is in the same model as the equipment. You cannot get it to do what you are thinking.

For Tags, you have to put them in a view in the Linked Model, and then set the VG:RVT Link to By Linked View.

yanyan77
2009-12-23, 06:57 PM
You can't tag elements in a linked model. You can have a schedule include linked elements. Under the properties of your schedule, fields tab, there is a check box for "Include elements in linked files".

I checked the box of "Include elements in linked files". but the schedule does not show any equipment plan too.

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-23, 06:58 PM
Are you sure the equipment in the Linked File is all the right catagory?

yanyan77
2009-12-23, 07:34 PM
Are you sure the equipment in the Linked File is all the right catagory?
i think so. because I can make a schedule of them before they move out as link file.
i spend 1 hour on it, still can not figure out why the link file can ot be scheduled. :(

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-24, 03:48 AM
i think so. because I can make a schedule of them before they move out as link file.
i spend 1 hour on it, still can not figure out why the link file can ot be scheduled. :(

Im not sure what you mean, "before they move out as link file."

IN the linked file, you can schedule them... yes? You go: View > Schedule > (what catagory do you select here?>

In your parent project, the catagory needs to be the same, or of course it wont show up...

yanyan77
2009-12-24, 03:22 PM
i mean i can schedule these equipments in the parent revit file before.
then I created a equipment file which copyed all these equipments from the parent file.
after I link the the equipment file to the parent file, I can not schedule them in the parent file any more.

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-24, 05:43 PM
i mean i can schedule these equipments in the parent revit file before.
then I created a equipment file which copyed all these equipments from the parent file.
after I link the the equipment file to the parent file, I can not schedule them in the parent file any more.

Are there Filters in the schedule? What is the schedule set to show, do you have a screen shot of it?

Mike Sealander
2009-12-25, 01:17 PM
Also check the phasing. Your equipment might be in one phase, and your schedule is looking, or set, to another.

twiceroadsfool
2009-12-25, 04:45 PM
Also check the phasing. Your equipment might be in one phase, and your schedule is looking, or set, to another.

Good call Mike. Also check the Phase MAPPING of the Linked File. If the files started out the same it really shouldnt be an issue, but it could be. Grab the Linked file and go to its properties... Make sure the phases "equal one another."