PDA

View Full Version : Revit for Landscape Architects

darrenplewis
2009-12-29, 09:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been using Revit for doing landscape architecture. For the vertical design work, Revit is our primary choice. We have made a couple of runs at Civil 3D for our civil groups. But the landscape architects kind of fall in to this in between space. They don't have an app for that. So if you or anyone you know is using Revit for providing landscape design services, please reply. I would love to know how it is working...if it is working.

Thanks.

awatkins
2009-12-29, 10:07 PM
Our LA studio is using Revit in conjunction with civil engineers using Civil 3D.
It's not anywhere near ideal for them, so it's primarily for doing final grading topo, planting plans / schedules, and hardscape design and documentation.
Are they happy about it? No, but they weren't given a choice.
Resistance is futile.
(if they had the ability to cut curbs and do sloping walks fairly easily they'd be much happier.

sbrown
2009-12-30, 02:33 PM
I just watched a demo for eaglepoints landscape add-in for revit. you may want to check it out. This is the person to contact for a demo.

Luis Eduardo Rojas
Architecture Product Line Manager
Eagle Point Software
http://www.eaglepoint.com/

mmiles
2009-12-30, 02:53 PM
I just watched a demo

Is there any way you can provide a link to the demo? My initial scan of the website; I saw none.
Thanks.

Scott D Davis
2009-12-30, 05:21 PM
From the home page of their website:

(Webcasts have scheduled dates in the link. Contacting Luis in Scott Brown's link can get you a demo outside of the scheduled webcast)

darrenplewis
2009-12-30, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the notes Scott(s). I will check it out. In the meantime, if anyone else has seen anyone using Revit for Landscape design, please chime in.

TroyGates
2009-12-30, 06:32 PM
We are using Revit for landscape on some of our projects. Its still in its infancy and we are figuring out things as we move from project to project. Most of the work is being done with a mix of 2d and 3d families to generate plans and limited elevations/sections. We use floors for creating 3D planting spaces that can be used for schedules. Also, we create a separate project file for the landscape group that links in the arch and struct models.

Any specific questions?

We have been talking with EaglePoint for a few months about LandCADD for Revit. Its current version contains tools for planting and parking. They plan to do more to fill in the gaps for landscape in future versions.