PDA

View Full Version : Below the Building Pad

ppaige
2009-12-31, 03:33 PM
So I used Building Pads to create some patio space on Level 1. On my Basement plan, the pads have created "shadows" beneath them, where no earth shows up (see attachment). Does anyone know how to control what shows up beneath building pads?

I've tried playing w/ view ranges and changing the material of the pad itself, but neither solves the problem.

davidcobi
2009-12-31, 09:46 PM
I don't suppose someone put a hidden plan region around that area. Couldn't say more without actually seeing the file.

ppaige
2010-01-04, 07:36 PM
I've verified that there is no hidden plan region, and I tried hiding the pads in the view to no avail. Has no one else had this problem? This isn't the first model I've worked in where this happens.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-01-04, 09:03 PM
I have had the problem and at this time there appears to be no solution other than adding a filled region to 'fill in the blanks'
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=62771&highlight=pad+filled+region
The pad 'shadow' goes to the virtual centre of the earth and nothing I tried seemed to solve the issue.

ppaige
2010-01-05, 08:28 AM
Ah, that's too bad. I guess I'll let this one go for the time being, thanks.

mtogni
2010-01-05, 10:32 AM
This is one of the (many) unfixing problems the factory (with no reasons) does not want to solve. As Dimitry wrote you can just add a filled region.
Good luck.

nancy.mcclure
2010-05-27, 11:43 PM
ppaige,

I think this has to do with how Revit pads affect ungraded vs graded toposurfaces. When the site is 'ungraded', a pad seems to trigger 'new' work all the way down beneath it. If the topo is made a graded region, and then has a pad applied, it sees the whole portion as 'new' work, which may resolve your visibility issue...

ron.sanpedro
2010-05-28, 02:09 AM
I seem to remember something similar, and it was (I think!) related to the pad not being on the same workset as the topo. Worth a check, just to be sure.

Site tools are on a par with the Vertically Compound Wall edit environment for gross suckage. Hopefully 2012 will see some improvements on one or both.

Gordon