PDA

View Full Version : Snow Country Roof

beverly.236743
2009-12-31, 05:52 PM
Our projects generally have a roof structure where the roof itself, i.e. from outside of structural wall in, is one structural type (2x10, TJI. or raised heel truss etc) while our rafter tails are exposed or skinned 2x6's. To date, the only way we've been able to achieve this is with two seperate structural roofs covered by our finish roofing. Anyone have a better idea?

Mike Sealander
2009-12-31, 07:42 PM
That's what I would do. Some things in Revit (because you are modeling in 3-d, and trying to achieve some veracity in construction) just take a little while, and require some level of attention to detail.

Henry D
2009-12-31, 10:42 PM
I don't know if this is any better, but I use voids to cut out the rafter tails.

Our projects generally have a roof structure where the roof itself, i.e. from outside of structural wall in, is one structural type (2x10, TJI. or raised heel truss etc) while our rafter tails are exposed or skinned 2x6's. To date, the only way we've been able to achieve this is with two seperate structural roofs covered by our finish roofing. Anyone have a better idea?