PDA

View Full Version : Diagrid System

erut_ceti_hcra_nitram07
2010-01-04, 02:50 PM
Hello, please help me! I'm new Revit user....just 4 days ago i'm learning to use it...My question is how can i convert a Diagrid structural systems modeled in rhino into a revit family....What i have done so far is just divided the solids in diamond panels and converted it to curtain wall panels....but for the rest, i don't know how to convert the columns and the beams in between the nodes...Will I convert it to wall or what? Or i will make a diagonal bracing out of it....the structure is not straight, it has curved surfaces and leaning elevation just like capital gate. I badly need an answer...I'm working it overnight and i badly need it at least tomorrow. I already did it in rhino but I want documentations out of it using revit.

sbrown
2010-01-04, 03:43 PM
There is no magic button to bring rhino into revit. You can insert the rhino into a structural family and then just load that into revit. It will just be a fixed object though. you can't convert it to revit objects.

erut_ceti_hcra_nitram07
2010-01-04, 04:34 PM
How? should i follow the procedure like create mass and import cad link? pls. further explain. Can i trace it and make the diagonal bracing like mullion ?

I know there is no magic button. I'm willing to follow the steps on how to do this inside revit. Whether I'm going to rebuild it or not. I know there's a way and it was done like in designreform but what is not clear is how to categorized this diagrid members as a revit object in order to make detail documentations