PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Select ACT grid

brede.207016
2010-01-06, 07:34 PM
I need to rotate my ceiling grids but I cannot select the grid lines for some reason. I can find them in 3D view and then tab to the reflected ceiling plan and rotate... but I can't align or snap to the lines or anything. Help!

We have used the same ceiling in other projects and had no problems. Could it possibly be my view range? I can see the ceiling but it just won't select. Also, we are using phases in this project, but the ceilings are set to New Construction so I don't see how that would be a problem.

William Troeak
2010-01-06, 09:54 PM
Try placing your mouse over one of the grids and press tab on the keyboard until Revit highlights one of the grid lines. Once a grid line is highlighted use the rotate command to rotate your grid.

Never mind me I should have read the question a little more carefully!

Steve_Stafford
2010-01-06, 10:01 PM
Assuming all the ceilings behave this way in the view, try creating a new ceiling plan for the level, can you select them now? If yes, create a view template from the working view and apply it to the one that isn't working.

ron.sanpedro
2010-01-06, 10:09 PM
And if nothing else works, make sure that the material being used uses a Model Pattern for the surface, not a Drafting Pattern. Less likely scenario, but I have seen it happen. ;)

Gordon