PDA

View Full Version : Importing dwg into a Revit RCP

mhudson.154629
2010-01-06, 10:32 PM
When I link a dwg file that I get from a MEP consultant I can't get it to show up in my RCP, it only comes in at the floor plan. Is there a way to get it to show up in the RCP without exploding it?

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-06, 10:44 PM
Are you importing, or Linking? And are you doing "Current View Only" or are you putting it on a Work Plane in the model environment?

Those questions will usually point you towards why it wont show up... If its on a work plane in the model, it will respond as such and only show up depending on how its fore or aft of items in the view range...

Current View Only will give it authority over the modeled items (assuming you have it set to Foreground), but it will not show up in the other views...

mhudson.154629
2010-01-07, 12:28 AM
So I did the Current View Only in both importing and linking which brought it into my RCP, thanks. Now the problem I have is that I can't seem to get it to come to the front of my ceilings. I tried the bring to front command and it doesn't seem to matter. The only thing that worked is to explode it, which I really don't want to do. Any other nuggets of wisdom?

Mike Hudson
mhudson@emc2architects.com

twiceroadsfool
2010-01-07, 12:50 AM
Did you go to the properties of the Imported/Linked DWG and specify Foreground instead of Background? :-)

Jun Austria
2010-01-07, 12:55 AM
So I did the Current View Only in both importing and linking which brought it into my RCP, thanks. Now the problem I have is that I can't seem to get it to come to the front of my ceilings. I tried the bring to front command and it doesn't seem to matter. The only thing that worked is to explode it, which I really don't want to do. Any other nuggets of wisdom?

Mike Hudson
mhudson@emc2architects.com

Check the offset level of the imported dwg. Make sure the level is below your lowest ceiling.

mhudson.154629
2010-01-07, 04:50 PM
Thanks Aaron. It was the foreground/background property. It's all working great now.

Michael Hudson