PDA

View Full Version : Unselectable Elements

sthedens
2010-01-07, 08:01 PM
We have a project where some of the elements have become unselectable. We have tried both crossing and window selection methods. These happen to be casework family elements. Attached is a plan view of a window selection. In the image, the elements that are selectable and those that are not are in the same "Casework" workset. They cannot be selected in any view: plan, section, elevation, 3D... Any idea on what's wrong, how to correct it and/or how it happened in the first place?

Scott D Davis
2010-01-07, 08:28 PM
are you using design options?

sthedens
2010-01-07, 09:50 PM
You are correct sir!! I knew there was a reason I liked you Scott. We don't have design options for the project, but someone created them anyway.

lewismm
2014-04-09, 03:49 PM
Hello Scott: I have the same issue with a Revit 2014 mechanical file. The attached MH1 view is only the 1st floor but shows unselectable 2nd floor objects very similar to the objects already hidden in the view. Conversely the MH2 view is only the 2nd floor object but shows the unselectable 1st floor objects. No design options, No workset non-editable, No import categories or revit linked files showing. Model was most likely imported from Cad duct. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

david_peterson
2014-04-10, 01:36 PM
Is it a pinned object or a link? The new features in 2014 allow you to adjust how you select things.