PDA

View Full Version : Conditional Format quirk

DaveP
2010-01-07, 10:21 PM
I was dealing with a really large schedule today & I thought it would make it easier to read if every other line was highlighted. (Not to date myself, but remember Green Bar mainframe printouts?)

You can't highlight an entire line, so I thought I'd add a parameter that you could check and then add a Conditional Format to every field with a color. Pain to create in the first place, but might make it easier to read the schedule.

Anyway, the quirk I found was that it looks like you can add Conditional Formatting to every field in a schedule - except a Family Type parameter. Text, Number, Length Area - all those are fine, but if your field is <Family Type>, the Conditional Format button is greyed out.

DaveP
2010-01-07, 10:31 PM
Here's screen shot of the kind of thing I'm talking about.
I wasn't kidding what I said it's a pain. 13 clicks to format each field. I did 14 columns just to test it out. = 182 clicks.

Does read nice, though.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-01-07, 11:14 PM
I agree Dave. I think these tools could be really powerful if their functionality was further enhanced.
The more important question I need answered is how the heck you got the color to show up in the plotted sheet! :?

I'm not sure why but the conditional formatting only seems to show up in the original view and not when the view gets placed on a sheet. Am I missing something really obvious?

Steve_Stafford
2010-01-08, 01:12 AM
...The more important question I need answered is how the heck you got the color to show up in the plotted sheet! :?...
Sorry, it won't. That's the way it has always worked, even when it first apperared in RME originally.

Dimitri Harvalias
2010-01-08, 05:31 AM
OK, so I'm not missing something ;) (other than what should be required functionality :lol:)
I'm assuming then that Dave's screen capture is from the view not the sheet.
This is the kind of additional functionality I was referring to in this thread. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=112473
They could solve this with the ability to apply conditional formatting to schedule key fields

ITABWODI
2011-06-03, 03:37 PM
I know I'm late to this conversation, but I came across it while searching for a similar question. If you look carefully at the image Dave posted, you can see the check boxes in the first column. It's definitely a screen capture of the editable schedule view, not a sheet view. It may be a little extreme, but it is a good demonstration of using one field to conditionally format another.