PDA

View Full Version : Orient to plane gone?

ws
2010-01-08, 09:48 AM
Am I correct in thinking that Orient to plane is no longer available in Revit (i.e. in RAC 2010)

It was useful for sketching profiles for sweeps where the path was not horizontal/vertical.

I can set a workplane to the profile on the sweep path but how do you obtain a view perpendicular to the workplane without the old 3D view option of Orient to plane?

thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2010-01-08, 01:16 PM
Willian,

Use F8 to activate the steering wheel in a 3D view, then right click on it. It should show the option Orient to plane.

Andre Carvalho

ws
2010-01-08, 02:08 PM
Many thanks Andre - I'd completely forgotten about that :Oops:

(that'll teach me to turn off the steering wheel ;) )

ron.sanpedro
2010-01-08, 07:53 PM
Interesting that every other "orient to" option (views and directions) are available in the View Cube, and none of them are in the IR (Idiot Ribbon). "Well client, we've given you this lovely new bathroom, based on our research about how people eliminate. It will be wonderful once you get used to it, and much easier for people learning to eliminate for the first time. Oh, you want to flush the crapper? Yah, the lever is now in the kitchen. Enjoy!"

Gordon

patricks
2010-01-11, 02:17 PM
Interesting that every other "orient to" option (views and directions) are available in the View Cube, and none of them are in the IR (Idiot Ribbon). "Well client, we've given you this lovely new bathroom, based on our research about how people eliminate. It will be wonderful once you get used to it, and much easier for people learning to eliminate for the first time. Oh, you want to flush the crapper? Yah, the lever is now in the kitchen. Enjoy!"

Gordon

Now that's funny right there! :lol:

zanzibarbob7
2010-01-12, 12:52 PM
Orient to plane is still there but I miss Orient to Profile. They took it out but wish they would return it. The workaround is to draw a ref plane>name it>orient to that plane.

jeffh
2010-01-12, 02:16 PM
Orient to plane is still there but I miss Orient to Profile. They took it out but wish they would return it. The workaround is to draw a ref plane>name it>orient to that plane.

You can still orient the view to a profile plane. It is accessed from the same button while in the sketch mode (or even out of sketch mode). One of the selections for "orient to plane" will be profile plane.

zanzibarbob7
2010-01-12, 11:19 PM
I see that it is now in the Set Plane option, which is nice, but it still won't orient the plane to straight on with the screen. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm still trying to find stuff with the new interface.