PDA

View Full Version : Room programing using Revit templates

x1v1x
2010-01-11, 09:49 PM
Good afternoon,

At a previous company we used Revit to do room programming for schematic design. This would have been on Revit Architecture 2009. Now I am trying to remember the process but I can only remember that it was done using templates that we used to populate the Data Base. My reseller tell me that to do this we have to go through Trilagence Affinity but I Could swear we were doing it is just plain old Revit. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction on where to research thins. I reviewed the AU classes but didn't see it.

Thanks in advanced.

bbeck
2010-01-11, 10:43 PM
For Master Planning we use a mass based family that has paramaters available for area, use, adjacencies, occupancy...etc....Then create a schedule that reads that data.

x1v1x
2010-01-13, 01:56 PM
Thanks Brian,

I found some more information. It space planning that I am looking for. There was another link here at AUGI that gave me some clues.

I thought someone might have streamlined this process by now and it been a little tricky to find any steps to the it so when I come up with something after just playing around with it, I will post it here.

Brian

x1v1x
2010-01-13, 01:59 PM
For Master Planning we use a mass based family that has paramaters available for area, use, adjacencies, occupancy...etc....Then create a schedule that reads that data.

Brian is your mass family empty except for the data you put into it? and then wen you are doing a schedule, what type of schedule are you producing to read the mass family? Thanks in advance.

Brian

bbeck
2010-01-14, 04:32 PM
Our Mass Family has several different "Types", Public, Administrative, Support, Exteriror and Instructional. Square Footage is just a function of the family and Revit. All other data (shared parameters) is entered by the user. We have a few key schedules that assist with typical conditions. The schedule itself is just a mass based schedule.