PDA

View Full Version : hide callouts by sheets not shown in drawing list

t1.shep
2010-01-13, 04:03 PM
I can't seem to find a post about this...really wish you could search the forums with words shorter than 3 letters (is there a wish list for the AUGI forums?)
We're putting together a 50% set. I have placed some detail callouts on a sheet that we don't need to show for this submittal.
Is there a way to hide those detail callouts in the model that are on a sheet that won't be in the current submittal set? I can set up my sheets to not show in the drawing list, but is there a way to hide the callouts in referring views that are on those sheets ?

patricks
2010-01-13, 04:39 PM
You can hide callouts and other references that are NOT placed on sheets via print settings. Otherwise you'll have to manually hide the references pointing to sheets that you won't be printing.

t1.shep
2010-01-13, 05:10 PM
You can hide callouts and other references that are NOT placed on sheets via print settings. Otherwise you'll have to manually hide the references pointing to sheets that you won't be printing.

I knew about hiding unreferenced tags, but the ones I need to hide are placed on a sheet, but I'm not including that sheet in this submittal. I haven't tried it yet, but I guess I could filter callouts? Or maybe create a new future phase and put those callouts on that phase for now?

cliff collins
2010-01-13, 06:14 PM
From RAC 2010 Help:

"When you use filters to control the visibility and graphic display of elements, you can include elevations, sections, and callouts in the categories to use for filtering."

cheers.....

markusb
2010-01-13, 08:58 PM
ti.sheep,

Agreed this would be a nice thing to be able to do, but I think the best and only way to do it is to individually hide view tags.

I think this spurs the whole notion of a linear workflow. It seems like Revit is built up to work linear. But so often we are issuing multiple sets of information at the same time to different people.

kelliebarlow485545
2011-12-28, 10:08 PM
I'm fairly new to Revit, and had a similar problem, but this may help:
Use filter categories and view templates to manage such things as detail call outs and sections that you do not want to appear.

Visibility Graphics > Filters tab
- Create a New Filter that includes the detail call outs (ie. Sections, etc.)
- In "Filter By" select or create a parameter that you want to filter. For example, specific sheet numbers, a specific Category, etc.
- Add Filter to the view that you want the filter to apply to, and uncheck "Visibility"

To apply the filter to several views, create a view template.
- On the View Tab, select View Templates under Graphics
View Template Settings
- Create a new View Template
- Uncheck all Parameters except for V/G Overrides Filters.
- Click V/G Overrides Filters "Edit..." button to add the filter you just created and uncheck Visbility.
- Select the views you want to apply the View Template to. Apply View Template. Select the new template you created. Done.

You could simply edit/remove this view template when you do want that set to appear.